Thursday, September 15, 2016

I'm Writing This In My Pajamas

I am in my pajamas. Since it is almost 6 at night you might not think that is too odd, maybe just a little early, but whatever, right? What if I told you that I am STILL in my pajamas. Changes things, yes? The same pair I wore to bed last night. I haven't bothered to change out of them today.

Why?

Because the minute I do there will be no excuse not to leave the house. People will swarm around me like hyenas at a watering hole. "Let's go to the mall", "I want some Chik-Fil-A." blah blah blah. 

You know what I want? A day where I don't have to leave the house.

Is that so much to ask? You would be surprised. There are things I like to leave the house for, say coffee with friends, and things I have to leave for like taking the someone to the dentist and going to store. And somehow these things seem to spread themselves out like jelly on toast, so that one of them occurs every single day.

Yesterday? Well, it was Wednesday, so that was grocery store day. And coffee with friends. Tuesday? Target, library and breakfast with Mom. Tomorrow? Dog to the vet, post office, Staples. Saturday? North to visit family. Sunday? Thing 2 wants to practice driving since she got her permit. 

See what I mean? A day where I don't have to leave the house is an unusual but much coveted thing. So, in order to help facilitate this I don't get dressed. It slows down any crazy ideas I have about running an errand really quickly. 

Also, I work from home, so I can sit here, in my jammies, and bill out thousands of dollars in invoices, write checks and send emails and seem super professional even though I am totally not.

Now, if I could just get a day where I could stay home all day and read a book instead of all this work, a weekday with no on else around, that would be the holy grail!

No comments:

Post a Comment