Wednesday, September 7, 2016

A Random, Regular Wednesday

As you are probably aware by now, I signed up in a group that encourages us to do a blog post a day for a month. For the month of September to be precise. Which is fine at the beginning. I have things in process, some ideas for posts that I could work through and all that. Then comes some random Wednesday. A day when I am really busy with both my jobs, when I already feel behind at work because we were off on Monday. And all of a sudden it is 7:10 p.m., I'm tired and I'm looking down the barrel at being a failure 7 days in, which I really don't want to do!

But I really don't have anything clever or witty, or sad or heavy or anything on my mind. So, in place of anything entertaining, here are random thoughts about my very average Wednesday. At the least it will make you feel better about your days when you realize my are just as sucky.

I woke up at 6 a.m. The alarm isn't set until 6:30 a.m., so why the hell did that happen? It's God's way of letting my know that shit's going to suck this day.

It's old people day at the grocery store. I am busy today so we go early. Know who else wakes up at 6 a.m. and goes to the grocery store early? ALL THE OLD PEOPLE. The place was packed. And for some reason, I am the "old people ambassador" today. I guess they think I'm old enough to know things and young enough to be helpful. Here is what I learned on their behalf--I now know where the Musselman's Applesauce is, but unfortunately my store doesn't carry them in single serve sizes. I know where the DiGiorno (sp?) Three Meat pizzas are also. And I know that my store sells pimentos in tiny little glass jars on the canned vegetable aisle. My mother suggested I get a job there wandering the stores on Wednesday's helping out the elderly.

Thing 1 had his first day of math class at college today. Class was at 12 p.m. He got up at 11:30 a.m. and had to stop for gas, where he proceeded to lock his keys in his car. He wanted to know if I thought he should still go to class anyway. Um....YES.

Thing 2 had a make-up math test from when she was sick Friday that she decided to blow off. Now she has a 0, which makes her grade so far an F. Fun times.

I had an evening meeting which I had to set up and the lights in the room didn't work, so we hurried and got done just before dark. I was in charge of taking the minutes and I couldn't get the printer to print them, so I saved them in some weird folder on the Presidents computer, in all likelihood  to never be found again.

I had to deal with some really rich, really stupid people today and I do not understand that at all. I understand really rich. I understand really stupid. But how do really stupid people become really rich? It seems ridiculously unfair.

I made Thing 1's favorite crock pot dinner today and he bailed for pizza and video games at a friends. Everyone else was less than thrilled with the selection.

I had to take the dogs to the groomers (who raised their prices) and while that usually means a nice quiet day without their incessant barking, they were finished right away and home by noon.

I still have a ton of work to do for the week and it is essentially Thursday already.

Thing 1 and my Mom's birthdays are tomorrow and I am unprepared. Totally. I have gifts, but that's it. Not even cards, no cake or anything. I don't know what they want for birthday dinner. I suck.


I had Starbucks twice today which is two times too much money and two times too many calories.

On the up side---It rained.


No comments:

Post a Comment