Tuesday, September 6, 2016

I Drank The Kool-Aid

You guys.....I did it. I drank the Kool-Aid. I really never thought it would happen to me, but it did. Before I really knew what was happening, I downloaded Pokemon Go.

Oh! The horror!

Here's my excuse how it happened. The girls have had this thing since day 1. They are forever collecting these silly Pokemon. Ok, whatever. For some reason, Thing 1 decided not to participate. Odd really, since he is the video game king, but again, whatever.

I have a dear friend who also has it. Why???? I asked. Because, she said, my teenagers play it and it is something we can talk about and do together. Still, I say WHATEVER.

Then, Monday, the spawn decide they will go to lunch and spend the afternoon with The Hubs and I. Why? I suppose because there was mention of getting new shoes. And in the midst of the lunch Thing 1 decides he is going to download this game and become a Pokemon Go person. 

What????

So I hold fast to my WHATEVER, but I feel it weakening.

Then, they say to me....."Come on Mom, download it and we can go Pokemon hunting together!"

And all of a sudden I remember.



Come On Mom--

Push me on the swing
Take me to the park
Let's go swimming
Read me a story
Let's play a game
Hold my hand
Come with me
Let's make cookies

We walked 3 miles, hatched eggs, went to poke stops, took over a gym and caught all manner of Pokemon from lunch until after dark.
 
I drank the Kool-Aid.  And it was delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment