Wednesday, September 14, 2016

9 and 1/2 Months

So, this happened today....

Thing 2 and I were walking past a dry cleaners and she notices the sign in the window...

T2- Look, wedding dress cleaning, half off!
Me- If I haven't had it cleaned in 24 years I am probably good
T2- Yeah, your dress just sits in the closet, you never take it out and look at it or anything
Me- I know what it looks like
T2- You should make a goal!

oh no......I know where this is going

T2- By the end of 2016---
Me- (interrupting) Which is very soon!
T2- Or by May 2017

yes, we are going to go there

T2- you should have the goal to fit in your wedding dress!

SWEET BABY JESUS CHILD! DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SUGGESTING????????

24 years is a long time. And I am the heaviest I have ever been, out side of pregnancy, but I'm closing in on that too.

She isn't wrong. I am overweight. By a significant number. I have managed to avoid any health related complications from it so far, but my luck won't hold out forever. Of course, I don't think it is a reasonable or practical goal to get back into that damn dress either.

But maybe up over my thighs? That should be do-able.

And so it begins.....one more time.


No comments:

Post a Comment