Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Thanks Alexa


We have an Alexa in our house…..I know. They spy on you. Whatever. Because you know what else she does? She takes orders. Well, mostly anyway. I use about 1/1000 of the capacity of my Alexa and yet I still love her for what she does for me!


She makes my grocery list. While I’m cooking in the kitchen, I just yell, “Alexa, add garlic” or “Alexa add tin foil” and I do not have to stand in front of a blank piece of paper an hour later saying to myself “I know there was something we needed…..”

She plays music for me all day. I just yell “Alexa, play the 80’s pop station” and away we go!

She tells me how to spell random words. Just the other day I was typing on my phone and I was so far off that spell check had no offerings, so I just yelled “Alexa, how do you spell teppanyaki?”

She answers all the random crossword puzzle clue questions that my Mom asks me that there no possible way I could know. She sets alarms and reminders and she tells jokes!

And when you are done with her, you just yell “Alexa stop” and she does. She just shuts right up, mid-sentence.

But really, the reason I think we have an Alexa and enjoy her so much is because we can yell at her anytime we want. She never gets upset, never talks back and immediately stops doing whatever she was upon command. After 20+ years of raising kids, nothing makes me happier than someone who LISTENS THE FIRST TIME.

And that alone is worth letting Amazon spy on me. 

2 comments:

  1. I love this! We have a Google Home. Spy away--she is my friend and I'm going to keep her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew how to use mine. LOL. I'm too impatient to even read up on it. But this makes me wanna try...xo

    ReplyDelete