Friday, June 7, 2019

Eat Something, You'll Feel Better


I am sick today. I am almost never sick I have realized, which is a good thing. I prefer not to be sick, as I’m sure most people do.

 I’ve come down with a rather yucky head cold, and it just reminds me how lucky I am that I’m not sick on a regular basis. However because I’m not sick on a regular basis, I have some relatively stupid thoughts when I do get sick.


For instance, as soon as something starts coming on, I noticed I have the same thought.
Every single time.

“Oh I’m sure this is just allergies.”

 Allergies are allergies. You know it when you have it. When it’s something else, worse than allergies, it’s kind of stupid to sit around telling yourself that it’s just allergies. But I do it every darn time.

The other thought that always seems to come right behind it, “Oh, I should eat something. Then I’ll feel better.”

This is not real. Eating lunch, or breakfast, or anything else, does not make you feel better when you have a head cold. It’s really quite ridiculous thought and I don’t know how I’ve gotten it into my head. It’s a thought I have all the time too. Tired? Have something to eat. Bored? Have something to eat. Small wonder I need to lose 25 pounds.

Anyway, I promised to write for 30 days and neither snow nor sleet nor sickness pretending to be allergies is going to stop me. And maybe by the end of the month, I will even be slightly ahead of schedule instead of trying to put something out while I’m pumped full of cold medicine.

And enchiladas, because “eat something and you’ll feel better!”




1 comment:

  1. Enchiladas sound like a perfect remedy to either allergies or a head cold!

    ReplyDelete