Friday, June 21, 2019

Roman Holiday



  


I recently went on a trip to Italy. It was a place I had always dreamed of going and I was there for 9 days. It was every bit as wonderful as you would imagine it to be. If you have been there, you know.



The food is all local and fresh. And ridiculously delicious. The wine was plentiful and the dessert were everywhere.



You walk around a corner and you find yourself looking at roman ruins. And it’s not just the Colosseum, Palatine Hill and the Forum that you see. In the heart of Old Rome there are beautiful buildings everywhere.




Then there is the Vatican and the museums. You could spend a lifetime there and never get bored. However, after a few days, we headed by train through Tuscany to Venice.




I know Venice is over run with tourists, but I don’t care. I have always wanted to see it and it did not disappoint.







I travel with a dear friend of mine who has a super similar traveling style to me. It sounds silly, but it’s actually really important stuff! Our sleeping schedules are similar, and our eating schedules work out really well. The things we want to do and see and how far we can walk and how much we can take fit together really well. Unless you have travelled with someone you really never know how it will work out. My husband and I do just fine living together, but travelling together takes a lot of comprise on both of our parts. We just view it all differently and while there is nothing wrong with that, it’s something you need to be conscious of a lot.

This was one of my very favorite vacations, but I always say that. We went to Amsterdam last year and it was fabulous too. We are looking at Central America for next year, but really, we could end up anywhere. We got wherever the mood strikes and the airfare and lodging is affordable.

And we are both photographers (although she is light years beyond me in the talent and skills department!) and so we spend and extraordinary amount of time standing in spots taking photos. While we eat gelato.

And I cannot wait to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment