Saturday, June 1, 2019

30 Days of Hell




I have done something I shouldn’t have. Nothing too terribly bad, but I probably shouldn’t have done it anyway. I joined a 30 day writing challenge. Specifically, I have to write and post something to my blog every day for the month of June. Why? Well, I haven’t posted here in just over a year and I haven’t written much for BLUNTMoms either, so it seemed like a good way to kick myself in the pants and get this show going again.

I have a habit of doing things like this. At the new year, I don’t make A resolution, I make ALL the resolutions. I resolve to spend the year doing every damn thing I was always “going to do” and never got around to. Lose weight, travel the world, read all the books on my nightstand, take vitamins, observe meatless Monday! There is no resolution too small to make my list. Some of them manage to linger all the way to February.

For the last couple of years I have also joined Project 52’s, which are photography projects in which you take a photo each week for the year. This year I joined four, including the one I am in charge of. I have failed at all four. Spectacularly. ONE PHOTO A WEEK. So why do I think I can complete a 30 day writing challenge?

One of my Project 52 photos-and my nightstand reading,
which is far from complete!

Is it because I wrote this ahead of time and had it ready to go before today, putting me off to a good start?
NO
Is it because I have several partially written pieces that I can finish, pushing me along?
ALSO NO
Is it because I have loads of ideas and just need to commit to the time to get them written?
STILL NO

I have exactly 3 “prompts” and I put that in quotation marks because really, they are just vague ideas. And 27 less vague ideas than I actually need to make it through this month.

So stay tuned…..when I run out of ideas and it’s 9pm and I am determined not to fail just yet, God knows what kind of weird and interesting topics I will come up with!


Desperate times call for desperate measures!




4 comments:

  1. Ha ha. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I’m right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely feel like I am winging this writing challenge — plus I am THE queen of procrastination. I literally finished the June 1 post with 1/2 hour to spare 🙈 but yay! We made it through day 1, cheers!!

    Jamie
    The Juneau Home Blog
    https://thejuneauhome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Half an hour to spare! That is totally my style!

      Delete