Thursday, June 20, 2019

I'm Tired


Today I am just tired. Sleepy tired? Sure, but that’s not really it. Just worn down in my heart tired. Tired of all the things I feel like I “have” to do. Tired of feeling like doing something I want to do it is a waste of time. And tired of trying to figure out how I will fit all of it in every 24 hours.

If I was less of a procrastinator I could probably be much more efficient.

If I didn’t play Words with Friends I could probably save myself 45 minutes a day, maybe an hour.

If  planned better I could have food defrosted for dinner and save myself all the time and energy I put into the “what should we have for dinner” conversation.

But honestly…..my biggest time suck is Facebook. I’m pretty sure that if there was no Facebook I could conquer the world. Or the laundry pile at the very least. And the worst part is, I don’t find all that much that I enjoy on Facebook. It’s just a bad habit and one that I am not conscious of most of the time.

So how does one break such a habit? Seriously……

I don’t want to give it up entirely, but I am all for limiting my FB checks to just a handful of brief times a day. How long is reasonable? I don’t even know anymore. I really only think I need a few minutes. The first couple minutes I see everything I want to see. It’s the 20 minutes of mindless scrolling that comes afterwards that needs to stop.

Maybe I’ll set a timer. Maybe an alarm on my clock letting me know when its time to check in. I don’t know….

All I know is that when I am in a group discussion on FB and we are waiting for someone to answer and it takes them hours, an then they say “Sorry, wasn’t on FB for a while” I feel like they probably have all their shit together.

Or at least the laundry.


No comments:

Post a Comment