Monday, March 2, 2015

And There She Was






Today is Thing 2's birthday.  She is 14.  Can I tell you how much I miss the littles?  The Disney channel during the DAY (not that garbage they show in the afternoon and evenings!), storytime at the library, snuggles before bed, the whole bit.

In honor of this day, I am going to tell you my favorite story about her birth......don't worry, it won't get gross.

I had an elective c-section after having had an emergency one with Thing 1.  The whole thing was very well planned.  I had an appointment to have her at 3pm (an appointment! so awesome!) So at the appointed time, in to the surgery suite we went. The anesthesiologist was the neatest guy and he was sitting right by my head just chatting me up the whole time, kind of like a little play-by-play, because when your having a c-section you cannot see or feel anything.

So, they pull her out and she starts crying. (btw, it's now 3:06.  Did I mention that appointments are awesome?!)


Then they take her over to the little layette thing where they do the Apgar scores and she is still crying and I still cant see anything because my Dr. is busy putting all my parts back inside my body and sewing me up (ok, maybe a tiny bit gross).  



At this point the anesthesiologist was laughing and he says this to me......

"Boy, she is REALLY giving them the business over there!"

14 years later and the more things change, the more they stay the same!






No comments:

Post a Comment